QS9000 | ISO 9001 | ISO 13485 | TS 16949 | EN 14001
Why choose Carclo?
Carclo has many decades of experience designing and manufacturing PIR lenses. In fact we were the first to manufacture plastic lenses some 80 years ago. We have a deep understanding of the technical challenges in producing the best possible PIR lenses, reflectors and spot lenses.
If you can use a standard lens then this is the fastest development path. We do however offer an efficient design service to give you the exact lens you need for your application.
- World-class expertise: Carclo has been designing and manufacturing optical components for over 80 years. They have a deep understanding of the latest optical technologies and techniques, and they are constantly innovating to improve their products.
- Unparalleled quality: Carclo’s products are made to the highest standards of quality. They use only the finest materials and manufacturing processes, and they rigorously test their products to ensure that they meet or exceed all requirements.
- Broad product range: Carclo offers a wide range of optical components, including lenses, reflectors, filters, and prisms. They have a solution for nearly every optical application.
- Custom capabilities: Carclo can also design and manufacture custom optical components to meet your specific needs. They have a team of experienced engineers who can work with you to develop a solution that meets your exact requirements.
- Global reach: Carclo has a global network of distributors and partners, so you can easily get your hands on their products no matter where you are in the world.
Our main site is located near London. However we have a global foot-print and offer local manufacturing if needed in USA, China, India and CZ.
PIR lenses require special materials to ensure the lowest possible signal loss. Our custom materials let more of the signal through!
The best manufacturing practices and materials are everything. The lens design is critical for low noise devices and we continue to push the design envelope for our clients.
Avoid cheap imitations
- Carclo Fresnels have an incredibly low degree of “edge rounding”. With cheaper imitations, the edge rounding can be seen at every facet transition, which inevitably leads to noise and a poor detection signal
- Have a high degree of flash leading to further reduction in signal quality
- The surface finish is often very poor. Again, this leads to signal loss and background noise
- Are often slightly smaller than the original and this could lead to issues in the fixture
- Are often made from inferior materials with reduced transmission
- Have been seen to have varying wall thickness, which seriously affects the signal getting through evenly
- If you are concerned that you may be using inferior lenses please let us demonstrate the benefit of using original Carclo lenses.
Surface finish affects IR transmission and adds signal noise.
The difference is clear. On the left an original Carclo lens and on the right a poorly made copy.